A senior real estate specialist specializes in the unique needs of boomers and seniors. With a highly personal, all encompassing experience that extends well beyond the sale or purchase of your home.
What is a Senior Real Estate Specialist?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases.
The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their fami-lies navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
Qualities of an SRES?
• Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
• Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
• Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
• Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior and tries to minimize them.
• Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
• Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
• Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
• Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals such as: estate sale companies, organizers, movers, landscapers & various contractors.